Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hurry up and wait.

I've known many a military family and one thing they always say is how government healthcare was a case of hurry up and wait. I feel their pain! The process of getting medically cleared for Peace Corps is nothing short of a massive headache. But don't tell them that, then you'll have to do a form for the headache! Don't get me wrong, I realize it's a very important step considering we are going to 3rd world Zambia with very limited health care. But that being said I turned in all my forms before my deadlines and it still takes them well over a month to even review those forms. And here we are a month before I supposedly leave and they are sending more questions. Yikes. Talk about stressful. I think the application process is strategically meant to weed out the uncommitted.

So here I am 1 month prior to departure. I've interviewed for the person replacing me at work and start training them next week, I'm selling most of my earthly belongings, and moving out of my house. All without knowing if I'm still leaving this June! As of now I still do not have my clearance to depart.

I find that in my life God has a funny way of making me trust him.

No comments:

Post a Comment